Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 37-- The Big Rally (Sunday)

Believe it or not, my friends from Long Island flew to SF to hold a rally against radio talk show host Michael Savage. We just happen to be there (divine intervention). One of the organizers, John, asked me to speak, but I wanted Michael to try. So, I wrote a speech with Michael's help.

We drove into the city around 10:30am. It was foggy (think of the odds). The radio station was right near a train station. I parked in front of a homeless man's "home". I don't know what to call it. But, it was sad. There are a lot of homeless in SF.

The rally started around 11:30am. There were around 100 people there. It was awesome. Michael did an excellent job on his speech and I videotaped it. Here is the video:



I also posted pictures on my mac page: http://homepage.mac.com/lighthousestudios/PhotoAlbum68.html

Afterwards, Michael and I walked around looking for a place to eat, for about an hour. I was never so happy to see a McDonalds in my life! I wanted to see more of the city, but Michael kept saying "put the hotel in the GPS!". I did go "the long way"- which means of course through the worse traffic known to man. I was getting 19 MPG in SF. No wonder everyone has hybrids cars in that city.

When we got back to the hotel room we worked on the rally photos and video. Michael was on a couple of news programs in SF, Sacramento and Reno, NV. It was really cool. I think Michael was very proud of himself- I know I was. I was crying like a baby when he was doing his speech. The night before he was saying "I'm scared" a million times and I thought he wouldn't go through with it. But, he was a trooper. Actually, he kept trying to walk over the mic and go next, when it wasn't his turn yet.

(i'm going to post pictures soon)

No comments: