Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 26- CALIFORNIA!!!

We took the main highway from Yuma to San Diego. It's doesn't cross over in Mexico, but we were stopped 3 or 4 times by border patrol. This was very shocking to me and I'm so happy we didn't have apples in the car. You are not allowed to bring fruit over the border, but we didn't go over the border, so I don't really understand the whole situation. I guess they were also looking for people trying to cross the border illegally.

Anyway, the dessert in CA wasn't as big as I thought it would be. There was only a small part where I saw white sand. Then we hit all the hits and mountains filled with HUGE boulders. I've never seen this landscape before. I was also looking out for landslides the whole time. I think most of the boulders were bigger than my car.

We arrived in San Diego around 4-5pm. Brent, Michael's dad met us there and helped us bring all the stuff in the hotel. That night we went to Outback for dinner. Michael had, you guessed it, chicken and french fries.

We didn't do much else this day, except unpack. Michael was very happy to see his Dad. When we pulled into the parking lot, Michael screamed "That's MY daddy! That's MY daddy!" The last time Michael saw his dad was in January for my Mom's funeral.

At one point his put his right arm around me and his left arm around Brent and said, "my family." He had this smile of content on his face. It really was priceless.

No comments: