Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 16-- More OK


We have a lot of driving the next two days, so we spent some extra time in OK. The first thing we did this morning was attend the Norman Unitarian Church. It was a small group of about 20 people. I talked to one man, Larry, who told me all about the state of OK. I'm glad we went. Michael had a chance to play with some other kids and I enjoyed the service.

Next stop was the Science Museum. This place was HUGE and the snack bar was so cheap. I recommend this place for anyone with small children. Everyone was having so much fun. We stayed about three hours. Right before we left we saw a demonstration in the auditorium. It was pretty cool. The guy was talking about science and why things blow up. After a few minutes it occurred to me that it may be in bad taste to talk about things blowing up in Oklahoma City.

Anyway, Michael got up on stage to help out. I couldn't believe it. He had to dance around with a big water jug filled with liquid and then light it on fire. There was this HUGE boom. Honestly, I would have been too scared to do it myself. But, Michael totally rocked. I was so proud.

After the museum we went back to the Memorial and took some more pictures.

Then we stopped at a Super Target (they sell food) to pick up a few things. And when we returned to the motel Michael went for a quick swim. I spent the rest of the night organizing and packing while watching the Yanks beat the Red Soxs. I'm so happy the game was on ESPN.

I have a ton of photos from today- but can't post them. Sometimes there are technical problems with the blog. I'll upload them soon.

No comments: