Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 13- Dickson, TN

Today Michael and I left Kingsport around 2pm. We found a hotel around 7pm right off Interstate 40. The woman at the desk said her daughter's name is Christina Heeren. How weird is that?

Michael passed out around 9:30pm. Thank goodness because he's been going to sleep around 11pm. Tomorrow we're heading west and will probably spend the night in Arkansas somewhere. Then Saturday we'll be in Oklahoma.

Tennessee is really pretty. A lot more mountains than I thought there would be. I don't know why I thought it would be flatter. Maybe because they get tornados here and usually we think of twisters on flat land.

The speed limit on I40 is usually 70 MPH. That was weird for me because the road was not straight. Plus, you know how it's harder to drive on a road that you don't know? I just didn't like going over a hill or around a curve and not seeing ahead of me. People were probably passing me saying "what a crazy New Yorker." (Hey Joe- did you notice I put the period in the quotes?)

We did see Nashville today. Sadly, I don't have any pictures. I wish I had a camera on the top of the car with a remote or something :)

Anyway- Tomorrow is the 4th of July. Going to be pretty much a non-holiday for us. Michael and I will probably stop for a 4th of July lunch. LOL.

Thanks everyone for reading our blog. We love reading your comments. From here to California we're not going to be meeting people who know- so it helps to know that you are all with us in spirit.

NOTE: to see more pictures please visit my other website: http://homepage.mac.com/lighthousestudios/PhotoAlbum65.html

It's easier for me to upload photos there, especially when I have a lot of them.

No comments: