Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 36-- San Francisco!

I love San Francisco. I went there when I was 20 and just fell in love with the city. It really is beautiful. I love the buildings, the bridges, the water, the fog, the culture. Michael couldn't care less. He's just always looking for his next hit of french fries.

We took off from Monterey and it was REALLY pretty. I saw artichoke farms (awesome) and wanted to stop so badly, but kept going. We drove through the town of Gilroy. They were having their annual Garlic Festival. The traffic was backed up for about 10 miles. I was SO happy we were going in the opposite direction. I probably would have stopped and visited the festival, but you know how Michael is allergic to garlic. He probably would have gotten sick just from breathing the air. I thought of my dad though. He is the garlic king.

Anyway, we got to the hotel at 2:50pm and checked in a little early. The hotel was awesome. We had a fridge and microwave, which really comes in handy. We were on the first floor, which was very nice. And they had FREE laundry, which I've never seen before. I washed everything I owned. I even took the sheets and blankets out of the car! Michael and I spent the night relaxing and getting ready for the big day on Sunday! (see Day 37 for details).

No comments: