Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 20-- CO, NM, AZ & NV



Big surprise- the wireless doesn't work in my room. I'm too close to the elevators. I find about 50% of the time I have a problem getting online. Very disappointing. Anyway, Michael just fell asleep and I'm sitting in the lobby along with another computer geek.

This morning Michael and I left Cortez, Colorado and headed for 4 corners. Michael stood in 4 states at one time. We were both pretty excited. Stuff like that is corny, but fun. Michael grabbed my camera and took some pictures. I'm going to post them here tomorrow. They are really cool. He was very proud of them when we looked at them a few hours ago and downloaded them onto the external hard drive (which is back in the room).

We drove through Arizona, which looked like New Mexico, but more red rocks and dryer. But, like NM, beautiful at every turn. We drove through the Indian Reservation again- which is a strong contrast between the beauty of the earth and extreme poverty.

Right before we reached a McDonalds, a reporter from Newsday called me. She's doing an article on chelation and heard Michael has been getting IV's for almost 2 years. I REALLY hope the article is good and she doesn't take my information and twist it to make chelation look horrible. If I see anything in Newsday, I'll post the link here.

I'm so glad I have my blackberry. I can get email and phone while on the road. Sometimes I don't have a signal, but for the most part, it works well.

Our hotel is in Page, AZ. I've never seen a place like it before. Michael took some more pictures from the back seat of the car. I can't wait to upload them so you can all see what he sees. He kept saying to me, "Mom, I take good pictures right?" He was so proud of his work.

I think I'm going to let him take more pictures on the trip. He REALLY gets into it. Tomorrow we're going to Antelope Canyon and then the Grand Canyon to see the sunset. A monsoon is hitting Phoenix right now, so I'm not sure where we should go after this. We'll be leaving Saturday afternoon.

Michael told me tonight that he doesn't have autism anymore. I told him that he still had autism and that's why he stims. He plays with the bushes and trees all the time (which is stimming). He's been doing it a lot lately with the lack of structure on the trip. So he thinks for a second and says, "well, I'm not stimming now, so I don't have autism". Oh boy, do I wish it was that easy.

Again--- more pictures soon.

Here they are------


1 comment:

Jen said...

WOW! I haven't checked in a week or so (busy) and you guys have gotten practically across the country! Looks like you're having a blast! Keep safe---

Jen & all