Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 67-- HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY MICHAEL

Well, today wasn't what I expected. Another surprise, but this one not so good. Michael started with a fever last night and right now (it's 3pm) he's laying on the couch, watching the weather channel. I don't think we're going to make it to Sesame Place at all. I don't even know if we'll be able to finish the rest of the trip. We might just go home in a day or two (when he's feeling better). I'm not sure. I'll just have to wait and see how he feels. He's eating and drinking- so that is good. A few minutes ago he said his body hurt all over. He starts school in exactly 1 week- so he needs to be in shape for that. He didn't cry when I told him we weren't meeting our friends at Sesame Place. THAT was a nice surprise.

When he's sick I try not to give him any meds and let his body heal itself. So, it's a lot of wait and see. I try to have him drink as much as possible and take a lukewarm bath if he starts getting bad. If it reaches 104*, then I give him something. My cousin also gave me the phone number to the walk-in clinic, but I hope we won't have to use it. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Heather King said...

Happy Birthday Michael!! Hope your feeling better soon. Alasdair and Conrad say hi!

Heather

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you're almost back--and I hope Michael is better tomorrow. We miss you!

xoxo Jen and all the rest