Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 66-- Back in PA

Well, we left WV around noon. Michael and I stopped in a small town called Washington, PA for lunch. I had fun chatting with the mother and daughter team working there. The best part was the "New York style pizza". I haven't had that in a while. Getting closer.... getting closer....

It took us about 4-5 hours to drive across PA. Pretty hilly, not too exciting. I did see a couple of hot air balloons. As we headed east, I saw more New York State license plates too.

We got to my cousins in Langhorne around 8pm. It was so nice to be back. We were here the first week of our trip. Tonight I told stories of the trip and then we watched Hillary Clinton at the convention. Michael passed out on the couch- which is a total surprise because the kid has been going to be bed around midnight lately.

Tomorrow is Michael's 9th birthday and we're going to Sesame Place with our friends from Long Island- Kerrie, Paul and Paul. "Little Paul" used to be in Michael's classroom. We've haven't seen them in over 2 months. Kerrie's really been there for me during the trip- emailing, texting and calling. She's pretty much the person I checked in with most days. Tomorrow should be fun and I know Michael is excited.

No comments: