Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 56-- Wisconsin


Well, the plan was to leave Park Rapids around 10-11am. After eating lunch (great salad Joanne) and looking at pictures, I think we left around 1:30pm. The trip was kinda boring. Except for the emergency bathroom stop- not much happened. When we got near St. Paul, MN it started to rain, so we stopped at Red Robin for dinner.

Then we got as far as Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The sunset was so beautiful. I didn't get a picture, but just imagine the sky being all blue and pink. We found a decent hotel in this "city". I was going to drive further, but was afraid of not finding a hotel for miles- just like in Montana. Also, there is this BIG resort area called Wisconsin Dells. I know that the prices for rooms are REALLY high there. So, we stopped about 30-40 miles into the state.

Now I'm glad we stopped when we did, because as I sit on my bed working on the blog the rain is POURING down. There is NO way I would have wanted to drive in this, or even carry my luggage to the building. So- we got a tv (watching Olympics), a fridge, a micro, a bathroom, comfortable beds and wireless--- life is good.

The only thing is I forgot to color my hair tonight. Michael said "do it in the morning". I thought for a second and said, "good idea". Now why didn't I think of that? LOL.

No comments: