Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 60-- Waterpark




Ok. Now when I use the term "waterpark" you are probably thinking of Splish Splash or Water Country USA. This "waterpark" was more like a park with water fountains. But, it was really cool. Michael and the kids really loved it. They ran around splashing each other. There was also this HUGE waterfall. I got some really great pictures and even pulled out the videocamera for this one. Of course it will take me 44 years to edit and upload. But, I got some video.

Michael fell asleep at midnight tonight. OMG- what a horrible schedule we are on. I guess he still thinks we are in CA. I hope he gets back on track for school. Less than 2 weeks ago- holy cow. This is the fastest summer in history for me. I guess when you keep busy and all of that.

Again, Michael is talking up a storm. I'm also saying things to him and he totally understands. Like I said to him something like this today, "take the power cord from the DVD player and plug it in. Get out your dvd and put it in the other player. Before you do that, make sure the power is on on the new player. Also make sure the TV is on video mode. Then use the remote to press play". He follows everything I say. It's amazing. I only have to say it once. I almost feel like there is nothing he doesn't understand. OK- if we talked about algebra... wait- that's not a good example, because the reality is he probably understands algebra better than me. If we talked about the difference between a vegan and a vegetarian he might not understand THAT. But, anyway, he's doing great.

A couple of times today he got mad when he had to share his markers, which I thought was weird. One time he stormed upstairs. I guess he's just been using them all the time for 2 months, so it's hard to share. He was ok after that. The whole episodes lasted about 2 minutes each. It wasn't a big deal. But, I wanted to mention it. It's not all great and perfect, we have some trying times on the trip. But, if I had to use one word to describe Michael- AMAZING. For an 8 year old boy with autism to drive for 60 days with his mother around the US. And that mother is ME (LOL). I wonder if he is sick of me. I'm almost sick of me. I'm tired of my driving, I know that. Thankfully when we stay with certain people THEY drive- which is nice. And Michael just loves spending so much time with other kids.


Thanks again for reading our blog and for your love and support. We feel it from across the miles.

No comments: