Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 45-- Back to Washington State

Sadly, we left Canada and headed back to the US. We took the Sky to Sea Highway. Or is it Sea to Sky? Don't remember. Anyway, it was beautiful. It took us about 2 hours to get over the border. Holy Cow. And what made it even more difficult was I couldn't just leave the car and walk around, like other people did, because there was just one adult in the car (me). I did take a bunch of pictures though, so the time wasn't totally wasted. I have to download the pictures, edit them and then upload. As usual, it will take me some time to do.

We got to the Seattle area and then started going east on Hwy 90. You know what that means????? We are heading home. It's kinda sad. I could probably stay on the road for a few more months. Crazy huh? But, I just love seeing new places. Michael is doing so well. Tonight, while I worked on the blog, Michael said "I can't believe we are so far away from home?". I said "I can't believe you just said that". You would think an eight year old with autism would be tired of this already, but we are still excited and enjoying the journey. Michael helps me a lot. Like he tells me when I'm driving too fast or too slow. He repeats what the GPS says (doesn't everyone need to hear "turn left at 500 ft" three times?)

It's supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow here in Central Washington. Wow, we've been spoiled with the 60's and 70's this past week. At least we aren't in Chicago, they had BAD storms tonight.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back in the US and back to watching American TV. The Canadian Weather Channel really sucked. My college tv station had better graphics and that was 1988.

We are just going to head east, through Idaho. On Thursday we should end up in Cooke City, Montana which is right near the entrance of Yellowstone. I CANNOT wait to see more wild animals. So far we have seen: Killer Whales, Eagles (about 10), Harbor Seals, Herons, Pelicans, Deer, Elk, Armadilla (dead)... I feel like we've seen more, but the science museums and aquariums don't really count. LOL.

We just missed the bear in Squamish, who was walking down the road near our hotel (so I was told by the worker).

No comments: