Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 40-- Relaxing with Friends in WA


We were planning to do a few things today, but basically sat around, ate and talked. It didn't help that I woke up around 11am. But, I haven't been able to go to sleep before midnight. Carolyn made a great lunch and we sat around the table for what seems like 40 minutes, but what was really 4 hours. At one point Carolyn jumped from the table and asked "Is it 6pm already?". Michael did a great job of keeping himself busy- mostly on the computer. He also played out in the backyard.

It's so fun to be at their house. The kids are in and out all day, bringing friends over, then going over their houses. You lose track on who is there. Carolyn keeps fresh fruit- like cherries and grapes on the island in the kitchen, so you find yourself snacking on healthy foods all day. The fridge is stocked with water, teas, juices- something for everyone. She whips up this great dinner in this effortless whirlwind. But, probably is a result of years of practice. They had chicken. I had a veggie burger. The twice baked potatoes were so good I could have eaten 20 of them. But, I settled for 2.

The day flew by and we felt like we didn't do anything we planned to. But, the day was satisfying and full of "The Office" references. I promised Carolyn I would sit down and watch all three seasons of "Arrested Development", which she says is funny like "The Office", so I have to give it a try.

No comments: