Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 55-- Last full day in MN


We're enjoying our time with family in Minnesota. Michael is very at home- playing on the computer, hanging out outside... We were here 3 or 4 years ago and it's amazing the difference. Back then we had to worry about Michael getting hurt or falling into the lake. This visit went a lot quicker too. Even Michael's Grandpa Bob said the same thing.

Today we took a trip over to Wal-Mart in Park Rapids. It's a new store and really met all of our needs. We got our oil changed and wiper blades replaced. I got a hair cut. I got new pads on my glasses. And we picked up some gifts. I also went across the street and filled up on gas and got a car wash. The dead bugs were STILL on the front of my car afterwards.

I've been eating veggie lasagna for days. I figured out the trick is to heat it to the perfect temperature and put together some garlic bread. It totally hits the spot. The lasagna has gotten better each day. But, sadly I made a little too much.

Grandpa Bob made Michael some grilled chicken that he's been eating for days. It was nice to stay in such a cute cabin, right on the lake and just "hang" for a few days. Joanne, Bob's wife, is so great to talk to. It was a really nice very for everyone all around.

No comments: