Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 58-- Ohio (Monday)

After three days of driving a total of 1000 miles, Michael and I arrived in Columbus, Ohio. We are staying with friends who have three kids- Michael is thrilled. They are 4, 6 & 8 and the middle boy was diagnosed with autism a few years back. But, he's not anymore. This is the third recovered kid we are staying with. I'm telling ya, I saw video of this child before and there is NO way anyone would EVER guess he had autism at one time. Amazing.

Anyway, something very interesting happened this day. I was packing up at the hotel and thought about who I knew in Ohio. Well, I remembered that my best friend as a child, Howard, lived here. He was my next store neighbor in Rocky Point and the closest thing I ever had to a brother. We didn't hang out much in high school after he got WAY too cool for me.

I looked him up on anywho.com and found his address and phone number. Not only does he still live in Ohio, he lives in the SAME town as where I am staying-- 2.7 miles away to be exact. Seems like fate huh? I called him up and spoke to his wife. We set up a lunch get together tomorrow! Very excited and hope he's doing well.

Didn't take any pictures of Indiana. It was pretty boring and just farm after farm of corn. That's it.

No comments: