Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 59-- Reunion

My friend Scott, who we are staying with, joined Michael and I for lunch. We first go to Howard's house, again just 10 minutes away. I didn't get to meet his wife and two girls- but I hope to before we leave on Sunday. The four of us head over to Ruby Tuesdays.

Michael sat great and ate his usual meal while Howard and I caught up on almost 40 years. OMG. I feel so old just writing that. The earliest memory I have of Howard is when he was 4 and I was 5. It's weird because sometimes you see someone from your past and they don't remember anything good. We were able to talk about the good stuff and some not so good stuff. But, it was all fun. He was an important person in my early years and I was REALLY happy to see him doing so well. He just seemed right on track in Ohio, which is about 700 or so miles away from Rocky Point. I guess I'm really proud of him and I was glad that we were all able to get together.

After lunch, we picked up Scott's daughter from daycare and make a quick stop at Whole Foods- god I love that store. Michael hasn't had an Enjoy Life cookie in weeks! He was SO happy.

Then we get the 2 boys and headed "home". We made dinner and hung out. Michael watched the boys play Wii. It was great for Michael to play with some kids his age and great for me to talk to someone without a communication disorder. LOL. After 3 days on the road, I was ready for a conversation that didn't involve "pretend friends". It's also nice to stay in one place for more than a day. The rest of the trip is going to be filled with visiting friends and family- so it's smooth sailing from here.

I didn't take any pictures today.

No comments: