Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Day-- to Langhorne, PA

Saturday began with me getting my car inspected at the last minute. Thanks to the guys at the station for squeezing us in at the last minute. I got scared because I didn't know if you needed an updated inspection to cross the border. My car expired in July- but I won't be back in New York State until mid-August. Anyway, crisis over- we passed the inspection and got our sticker.


12 Noon-- Eastport/South Manor Jr./Sr. High School

Michael and I went to the closing ceremonies for his Little League team. We had the car all packed, except for the frozen and cold stuff. Michael got a trophy and a yearbook- which he won't put down. Here are some photos from the ceremony. The second picture is of Michael and his Grandfather, Marty.





After stopping at the mall and a customers house, Michael and I hit the highway. It was a pretty easy ride, especially considering the traffic going the other way. We were lucky to be going west.


4:14pm-- St. Charles Cemetery, Farmingdale, NY

Michael and I made a quick stop to my mother's grave. She passed away in January from cancer. We wanted to include her in the trip, especially since she's one of the reasons why we are doing all of this. Life is short and the time is now!


7:15pm-- Langhorne, PA

Gas in New Jersey was about 30 cents cheaper per gallon then New York. So, if you're ever traveling through Jersey, definitely stop to fill up. Not much else happened on Saturday. We're staying with our cousins Steve and Annette. We were here back in April- so it's a familiar place. Plus, Steve and Annette are so helpful- buying us special food.

We're glad to be finally on the road after a year of planning. We'll be back in Langhorne on the way home in August. We're waiting to go to Sesame Place for Michael's birthday on the 27th of August.

No comments: