Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day Eight-- Virginia Beach

Today Michael and I went to this indoor playground for a few hours. I REALLY wanted to go to the beach or waterpark, but the smoke was too much to be outside. This place worked out well. Michael had other kids to play with. We even made a playdate for tomorrow- the Aquarium!

We made a quick stop at Beach Video- the company I used to work for back in the 90's (goodness I sound so old). It was great to sit and talk with Ken and Tammy. Ken was a big influence on my video shooting and editing styles. We laughed about how picky we were back in the days and how we don't miss videotaping weddings THAT much. Ken's moved on to commercial work and I've been doing more photography.

On our way back to Chesapeake, I took these photos. It was pretty clear in VA Beach and as I drove towards Chesapeake, I could see the sun trying to break through the smoke. It's amazing how the wind shifts and so goes the smoke.

I also got a picture of Michael with Joe & Joanne- our hosts here- and the three dogs. Michael was happy to see the big ones go home today. In the last two days he's seen 5 dogs. Not a big fan- but he is getting MUCH better. Years ago he wouldn't be in the same room with a dog.



Again, thanks for reading our blog- please feel free to leave a comment. Looking forward to tomorrow, our last day in Tidewater.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

I live in DC but was visting my parents in Chesapeake last week (they live near Greenbrier mall) and the smoke was CRAZY!!! I was afriad to let my 3 year old go outside/to the pool. I was actually glad to come back b/c I just couldn't take the smoke anymore...it was making me cough! We'll be going back in a few weeks...hopefully it will be gone by then. I look forward to checking out the aquarium...we've never been.