Friday, June 27, 2008

Day Seven-- Norfolk, VA

Today we drove into Norfolk to visit Nauticus. It's a museum that's a cross between a Navy museum, a science museum and an aquarium. I've never been there before and was pretty impressed. Michael enjoyed it a lot too. After we left the skies opened up and I thought we got hit by a tornado. Seriously. It was a little scary. We pulled over because I couldn't see the cars in front of me. It all came out of no where too. It's funny because I thought we would see fires in California and tornados in Oklahoma-- but Virginia threw us for a loop. It wasn't an official tornado, of course. But, the winds were probably around 60 MPH- along with thunder and lightening.

Anyway, glad to be back at our friend's house in Chesapeake. Tomorrow we plan to go to the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. Meanwhile, here are the pictures from today.











No comments: