Sunday, September 7, 2008

Still not home

Well, it's Sunday night and I made it as far north as Virginia. I'm taking I-81 and had to stop in Gate City, VA to visit my Grandfather's grave. I also wanted to have a short visit with my cousin Judy, who I met a few months ago. Hanging out with her and her husband made me feel a little better. They have a yard filled with goats, so the fun never ends.

I LOVE driving through Scott County. I don't know what it is exactly- the mountains, hills, streams, etc.... but the old houses and barns REALLY get to me. It's like the past and present together in a beautiful backdrop. I just wanted to walk around and take pictures- but then I would never get home.

Tomorrow I have about 500 miles to drive. I'm looking forward to being home, again. I have so much to do. Thanks to Michelle and my Dad for watching Michael. It's weird to travel without him. Every time I see a McDonalds I want to yell "Look Michael!". It is nice though to have about 20% of the bags and boxes from the big trip. I can see out the back!

Well, if you are still reading this blog- thanks. I don't think my trip is ever going to end :)

No comments: