Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 70-- Labor Day in Jamestown, NY

This day we actually headed back to the west to visit my friend from college, Rich. We met in TV production classes and share a goofy sense of humor. I hadn’t seen Rich since 1993, when he visited me in Va Beach. Rich and his wife and their three kids live near Chattaqua lake in the Jamestown area.

The ride there was pretty easy and took about 3 hours. I thought it was going to be flat, like Buffalo. But, it was hilly, but not hard to drive- perfect combination. We got to Rich’s house around 3pm. They were having a BBQ. Michael played with the little kids while I joined in on a game of whiffle ball. I then pulled out my camera and got some shots.

Then Rich drove Michael and I around the area. I was pretty impressed. It’s a nice area. If the winters weren’t so harsh, I could see living there. Well, I could say that about a lot of places - LOL.

At sunset, Rich and his mom joined us at this Labor Day festival. We watched this incredible fireworks display. At first Michael wanted to go into the car, but then he was ok with it- thank goodness. It’s so much fun doing things like the Balloon Festival and Labor Day Festival with friends. We don’t do too much of that stuff on Long Island.

I’m glad we came upstate. I almost drove home the other day. Tomorrow, Monday is our last day of driving. I hope to get home Monday night. School starts on Wednesday. I’m going to sleep for a day or two before I get back to the real world. I can’t believe the trip is almost over. But, I’m ready to go home. But, I do want to take another trip soon- it might be a short one. But, I really do enjoy being on the road. I’m glad Michael does too.

(pictures to come)

No comments: